Developer: Monolith Productions
Publisher: GT Interactive
Designer: Nick Newhard
Released: October 15, 1997
Genre: First Person Shooter
Modes: Single-player, Multiplayer
UPC/A7: 7 42725 12571 1
ESRB Rating: M (animated violence)
The Plasma Pak is the second of two expansion packs for the game Blood (the first being Cryptic Passage). The Plasma Pak added a new episode consisting of nine new levels, plus additional enemies, new weapon modes, new multiplayer maps and numerous bug fixes.
In 1999, Plasma Pak was put on the infamous German index of censored games, making it illegal to advertise or sell to minors. However, unlike most games put on the index, it was not confiscated, meaning it was legal to sell to an adult. However, the lack of advertising prompted its disappearance from shelves.
Within the game, this episode is called "Post Mortem", however, in the .ini file, it is called "Civilian Life".
 New Episode: Post Mortem
Episode 6: Post Mortem
There is no official storyline for Plasma Pak, however it can be assumed, based on various clues, that after Caleb defeats Tchernobog he learns that the Cabal is training new batch of Chosen, and he sets out to stop the cult's plans. The player starts at a department store (E6M1: Welcome To Your Life) overtaken by Cabal. Clearing a way through his enemies, Caleb finds another shopping center (E6M2: They Are Here) which is connected to a processing facility of sorts and is lured to an ambush in a Cabal-controlled warehouse (E6M3: Public Storage). Using the aeration conduits, he outflanks his enemies and moves into the city aqueducts (E6M4: Aqueducts). A Cabal ship is docked nearby, but Caleb does not waste time and sinks the vessel. Later, he moves into Cabal territory, wreaking havoc in a temple complex (E6M5: The Ruined Temple), then storming the inner temple (E6M6: Forbidden Rituals), where the Cabalists are preparing some kind of unearthly ceremony. He also has the chance to visit some forgotten catacombs (E6M9: Forgotten Catacombs). Satisfied the temples have been dealt with, Caleb enters the dungeon (E6M7: The Dungeon), a dark, creepy structure built to stop anyone trying to reach the training ground for the new Chosen. A set of locked doors blocks the exit and Caleb is forced to wander across different areas to gather all the required keys. In the end he reaches the grounds (E6M8: Beauty and the Beast) where a Priest awaits (multiple at higher difficulty levels). He defeats both their Cabal form and Beast form stopping the Cabal's plans, at which point the game ends.
 New Enemies
- Ackolyte - Green-robed "cultists in training" that throw dynamite.
- Zealot/Elite Cultist - Blue-robed cultists with a Tesla Cannons.
- Chrysalid Pod - A plant that spews acid.
- Little Caleb - Miniature versions of Caleb that burst from the mirror and attack in swarms.
- Magma Chrysalid Pod - A plant that spews lava.
- Priest/Beast - Final boss - Chosen-in-training that transform into a wolf-like beast when killed.
 New Weapon Modes
- Life Leech - New alternate fire - sets up the staff as a sentry gun, but drops the weapon.
- Tesla Cannon - Can now be used with the Guns Akimbo power-up.
- Napalm Launcher - Different alternate fire - launches a bouncing ball of napalm with smaller bursts.
 New Multiplayer Maps
- DM1: Monolith Building 11 - A level modeled after the monolith offices. The manager's office contains a Bloated Butcher.
- DM2: Power!
- DM3: Area 15
 Full Credits
The credits for the Plasma Pak can be found: here.
See also: Credits for Blood