E1M6: The Great Temple
Episode 1: The Way of All Flesh
Song Track: 5 - Infuscomus (CD-Audio), cblood5 (MIDI)
|Number of Enemies|
|Pink on the Inside||167|
|Number of Secrets|
|6 + 1 Super Secret|
 Walkthroughpillar at an oubliette, and finds access to the Altar of Stone.
 Enemies Present
 Weapons Available
- At the beginning, zombies will pursue you and kill themselves to get to you. Go into the hole where the zombies came from and turn around. There is a black wall in front that is actually a hole. Go in and turn left to find the secret. Reward: Dynamite bundles
- Near where you start is a bridge. Once you raise the bridge, jump to it and go left. Near the switch is a dark wall that is actually a secret panel. Reward: Doctor's Bag
- At the beginning, before you raise the bridge up, jump in the water. Swim forward and go under the stone platform (watch out for the Bone Eels). Swim near the bottom on the left side. There is a hole there. Reward: Cloak of Invisibility
- In the area with the Guns Akimbo on a pillar platform, and a stone face that spits fire at you, there is a small area with stone designs on the walls. On one side of the central section is a reddish design. Press it to reveal a niche. Reward: Box of shells
- In the area with the Fire Key, there is a circular rotunda inset in a wall. Go inside, go behind the rotational pillar, and look up. There is a button that can be shot. The rotunda will rotate, revealing the secret. You can leave by shooting the button again, or blowing up the cracked wall. Reward: Napalm Launcher, dynamite bundles, box of flares, life seed
- In the oubliette rotunda, before the end of the level, turn on the switch to make the wall rotate. Go in the space in-between the inner and outer walls (where the C-shaped middle wall is moving), and find a teleporter that takes you to a secret. Reward: Death Mask/Invincibility (also life seed and super armor in BloodBath)
- Super Secret - At the top of the temple, there is an open air veranda that you can see the clouds from (along with some zombies). Go to the middle opening and look down. There is a patch of clouds at a higher elevation than the others. Walk slowly off the edge and land on the clouds (try dropping near the left side if you have trouble). Follow the ledge to a door. The message "I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU FOUND THIS! HERE, YOU CAN HAVE IT ALL." will display. Later, a teleporter will appear. Reward: Everything available in Shareware Blood (Flare gun, Sawed-off, Tommy gun, Napalm Launcher, Death Mask/Invincibility, Guns akimbo, Cloak of Invisibility, Doctor's Bag, Life Seed, Super Armor)
 Fun Stuff
See also: References in Blood
- At the top of the temple, there is an open air veranda that you can see the clouds from, and a long drop to the bottom. Save your game, use the death mask/invincibility to fall down and land safely on the bottom to see a text message. There is no way back up from here, so you must restore your saved game to continue.
- The Blood Team released Weekly Blood Development Updates on the 3D Realms website, and said this about this level:
- Update: 08/30/96: Jay reworked The Great Temple, the last level in the shareware. It was already perilous before he got hold of it--now it's, well, more perilous. And it looks better too.